Posted to users@maven.apache.org by MartyMcFly <ma...@smart-mail.de> on 2010/05/27 08:43:40 UTC

POM as dependency fails

Hi all,

I have Project-A which defines a bunch of libraries (jar) for testing (scope
compile) with packaging set to pom. This pom is available at our repository.

Project-B now defines Project-A's pom as dependency ( i found that in the
maven sonatype book as an advice) (scope test).

All libs are at the remote and the locale repository.

Nevertheless when I type "mvn test" at the console it fails because it cant
resolve (e.g) junit which is defined in Project-A (which pom Project-B has).

Funnily Project-A also has a dependency to Project-C's pom (scope compile)
... and the libs which are in that pom are resolved successfully (running
"mvn compile" resolves it and builds successfully)

Can someone somehow explain why and what might go wrong here ?

Thanks for any support

Re: POM as dependency fails

Posted by MartyMcFly <ma...@smart-mail.de>.
its solved... it was a configuration issue on our side.

everything works now :)