Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/16 08:03:09 UTC

Active MQ docker image

Hello,

I have been improving the already excellent ActiveMQ docker image created
by Roman Mohr, with the idea of contributing it upstream to be part of the
official Apache repo. Currently there are many different ActiveMQ images
for docker and I think Roman’s one is the one with the highest standard of
quality, it is the cleanest one (no extra stuff) and the most popular with
a compatible license (Apache). Additionally it already has a small
community around it, that I think can be expanded if it is integrated into
the official repo.

So I wanted to ask here if there is interest in the community to accept
this contribution, and if this is the case how can we proceed to do it.

I link the current repo of the image as well as the current docker hub link
for your consideration.

https://github.com/rmohr/docker-activemq/
https://hub.docker.com/r/rmohr/activemq/

Ismaël

Re: Active MQ docker image

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 4:23 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I already have an improved docker image with karaf and ActiveMQ. We have a
> discussion at Apache about where to put this.

Where is this conversation happening?

> For now it's on my local server. I don't think it should go directly in
> the project.

This would be inconsistent with most projects I've seen with docker
deployment available.

Re: Active MQ docker image

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB

Where is the Dockerfile available?

Regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)

Re: Active MQ docker image

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi

Re: Active MQ docker image

Posted by imranrazakhan <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Any news for Official docker image for ActiveMQ?

Re: Active MQ docker image

Posted by greenciu <da...@gmail.com>.
Hello, this is the latest thread I found on official support for running
ActiveMQ on Docker.

Is this topic active within the community or are there plans to provide an
official image?

Thank you!

Re: Active MQ docker image

Posted by seankrail <i...@seankrail.com>.
Roman Mohr wrote
> I would also be very interested in seeing the Dockerfile. It would
> definitely be nice to have official docker builds for ActiveMQ, no matter
> which one.

+1

Any news on this? https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/activemq-artemis/ is still
empty.