Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/01/26 21:08:01 UTC

[ANN] Lucid Imagination

Hi Lucene and Solr users,

As some of you may know, Yonik, Erik, Sami, Mark and I teamed up with
Marc Krellenstein to create a company to provide commercial
support (with SLAs), training, value-add components and services to
users of Lucene and Solr.  We have been relatively quiet up until now
as we prepare our
offerings, but I am now pleased to announce the official launch of
Lucid Imagination.  You can find us at http://www.lucidimagination.com/
and learn more about us at http://www.lucidimagination.com/About/.

We have also launched a beta search site dedicated to searching all
things in the Lucene ecosystem: Lucene, Solr, Tika, Mahout, Nutch,
Droids, etc.  It's powered, of course, by Lucene via Solr (we'll
provide details in a separate message later about our setup.)  You can
search the Lucene family of websites, wikis, mail archives and JIRA
issues all in one place.
To try it out, browse to http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/.

Any and all feedback is welcome at find@lucidimagination.com.

Thanks,
Grant

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Re: [ANN] Lucid Imagination

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
> To try it out, browse to http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/.

Since this is built on Solr, it does feel on-topic to talk a bit about
it here too...

Some tips:

There's a very small "options" menu above the "PROJECT" facet.
You can enable "Show facets with 0 results" there, which provides a
fixed facet layout (things don't move around as counts change).
I'd be interested in what mode works best for you.

These are multi-select facets... taking advantage of the recent
I think the eventual goal is to make "Author" multi-select too,
perhaps with name auto-complete, after we do some email/name
normalization.

Referencing emails/threads:

URLs to emails look like this:
  http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/24aeaa77b4ab1081/solr_graduates_and_joins_lucene_as_sub_project
but, the stuff after the hash is fluff... if you prefer shorter URLs,
this will work just as well:
  http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/24aeaa77b4ab1081

That's it for now... feel free to ask questions you feel would be on
topic for solr-user
(and be gentle: it's still beta and a bit rough around the edges :-)

-Yonik

Re: [ANN] Lucid Imagination

Posted by Renaud Delbru <re...@deri.org>.
Hi Mark,

Mark Miller wrote:
> Hey Renaud - in the future, its probably best to direct Gaze questions
> (unless it directly relates to Solr) to support@lucidimagination.com
> <ma...@lucidimagination.com>.
Right, I was not aware of this mailing list.

> Gaze is a tool thats stores RequestHandler statistics avgs (over small
> intervals) for long time ranges, and then lets you view graphs of that
> data, either in (basically) real-time or for specific time ranges.
>
> There is a Readme explaining install included with the Gaze download.
> Gaze is pre-installed in the LucidImagination certified distribution
> of Solr, and in the Readme html file for that, you will find
> instructions on enabling gaze (you uncomment the Gaze request handler
> in solrconfig.xml).
Ok, the Gaze documentation can only be found in the distribution file.
It is what I was trying to find (I was looking on the Lucid Imagination
website).
> Gaze is implemented as a Solr RequestHandler plugin and an additional
> webapp. The RequestHandler plugin pings chosen request handlers every
> interval to collect RequestHandler statistics. This info is stored in
> RRD databases (this is done so that Gaze has a *very* minimal overhead
> - its meant for production use). The webapp is an interface to
> selecting which RequestHandlers you want to be monitored and other
> settings, as well as graph views of the collected data. There are also
> some other little info tools that display server/jvm and index
> statistics.
Gaze features look quite nice and useful.

Thanks for your reply,
Regards
--
Renaud Delbru

Re: [ANN] Lucid Imagination

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
[...]

The current release is 0.9, and 1.0 should be ready soon and include the
functionality to save and load layouts (graph window views).

- Mark

Re: [ANN] Lucid Imagination

Posted by Renaud Delbru <re...@deri.org>.
Hi,

Re: [ANN] Lucid Imagination

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
FYI, I followed up on solr-user:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/b976b523afbc61d5/ann_lucid_imagination

First Link!

-Yonik

Re: [ANN] Lucid Imagination

Posted by Glen Newton <gl...@gmail.com>.
Congrats & good-luck on this new endeavour!

-Glen  :-)

-

Re: [ANN] Lucid Imagination

Posted by Glen Newton <gl...@gmail.com>.