Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by x79z1130 <x7...@cxbd.com> on 2004/03/31 13:17:02 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] HOST ADDRESS of a client host behind transparentproxy?

Actually I'm using the CGI to get the REMOTE_ADDR.
Example: http://search.com.bd/cgi-bin/cgitest.cgi server where I'm
testing all.

The problem is, it's not displaying the IP of the client but it's proxy
server[Which is a transparent proxy]. And I knew that. For security
reason I want my users/visitors identified through network. Even if I
have to deny access to others. I guess there are lots of other issues,
like routing and NAT.

I guess SSL is the only achievable solution.

Thank you for the reply.

Zahid Hossain

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 17:07, Boyle Owen wrote:
> [...]

Disclaimer: This message is for the named person's use only. It may