Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Sie, Yang" <ya...@fmr.com> on 2006/11/09 17:19:13 UTC

HeaderAggregator

Hello:

In the latest JS2 code, it introduced (maybe it has been there for a
while, after July for sure) HeaderAggregator* classes and valves. I
don't seem to get the ultimate purpose of this, Dynamic header
configuration? Can any one from the JS2 committer team share a couple
lines on its purpose?

Thank you.

---Yang

Re: HeaderAggregator

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Sie, Yang wrote:
> Hello:
>
> In the latest JS2 code, it introduced (maybe it has been there for a
> while, after July for sure) HeaderAggregator* classes and valves. I
> don't seem to get the ultimate purpose of this, Dynamic header
> configuration? Can any one from the JS2 committer team share a couple
> lines on its purpose?

The header aggregator is used to include content into the <HEAD> of the
overall response from all portlets in the page. This is an optional API
for portlets. We are using the header phase to include in CSS and
javascript required to be in the head by client-side frameworks such as
DOJO.