Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ksatya <ks...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/07 16:32:18 UTC

Best Deployment server

Hi all,
   We are new to camel and are exploring camel to use it in our middleware
environment. Two main things we are looking at. EDI support and the best
web/application server for deployment.

Our preference would be to bind EDI and csv files that serve as our input
and output formats, to Java classes and perform the transformations using
bean processors. For this use case, it looks like smooks is the preferred
option based on my search in the users list. Can you please confirm this or
let us know if there are other options.

Based on your experience, can you recommend a good deployment container?

Thanks for your guidance,
Murthy.

Re: Best Deployment server

Posted by ksatya <ks...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian...Thank you so much for your response.

Re: Best Deployment server

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
It really depends on your needs, your existing environment, your skills, ...
As you may know, you can execute/run your Camel routes
- standalone (easy to start)
- servlet engine like Tomcat (easy to operate if you already use a servlet
engine)
- JEE server like JBoss, WebSphere, ... (easy to operate if you already use
a JEE server, may provides clustering/fail over)
- in an OSGI container like Karaf, ServiceMix (provides fail over, hot
deploment/redeployment from bundles)

Best,
Christian