Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Geelong Yao <ge...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/24 04:17:47 UTC

How to make the setting changes works

Hi

Sorry to interrupt you.But nobody answer my question in Hadoop maillist.
I have met a issue after I change the content of hdfs-site.xml to add
another dfs.data.dir in my cluster. /usr/hadoop/tmp/dfs/data is the default
value, /sda is the new one

<property>
        <name>data.dfs.dir</name>
        <value>/usr/hadoop/tmp/dfs/data,/sda</value>
    </property>
The permission of /sda has been changed.

[image: 内嵌图片 1]

First I stop the cluster with stop-all.sh and replace the old hdfs-site.xml
with new ones,then I restart the cluster with start-all.sh,but I found that
datanode did not start

Re: How to make the setting changes works

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Did you end up reformatting the NameNode? Thats one reason why DNs will
refuse to work. You need to clear out the dfs.data.dir directories for it
to work again. Note that you shouldn't reformat the NN ever, unless it is
your intention to wipe away all data and begin all over again.

--
Harsh J

Re: How to make the setting changes works

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: How to make the setting changes works

Posted by 姚吉龙 <ge...@gmail.com>.
I have already give full permission for that dir.I think this maybe caused by reformatting the NN.this will lead to different Id of NN and DN
—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

Posted by 姚吉龙 <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 姚吉龙 <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 姚吉龙 <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Geelong,

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: How to make the setting changes works

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Geelong,

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Geelong,