Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/01 06:03:26 UTC

Re: Marshmallow Update and Cordova-Android 5.0

BTW: I got Contacts somewhat working with Marshmellow.  It's still got the
same crappy concurrency bugs that it always has, and I am not sure how to
resolve those without re-writing the damn thing, but the purpose of this is
to figure out how to get permissions to work, and I have something that
works.

https://github.com/infil00p/cordova-plugin-contacts/tree/smores

This works with the latest smores tree of Cordova Android, and I tested it
on Lollipop and Marshmellow.  I'm going to move on to some of the other
plugins to get them ready for Marshmellow, but it'd be good to have people
look these over.

I did find a nasty security bug with this, though.  If you request one
permission out of the permission group, you get all the permissions.  So,
anything that can read contacts can magically write contacts even if you
don't request that permission explicitly.  I think this is a serious bug,
and I'm going to dig tomorrow to see if someone already reported it.

Posted by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com>.
Yes, it is but it only runs on an emulator which has an API-19 level OS. At the very least we'll need to run tests on marshamallow OS emulator/device.

From what I understood, marshamallow will break a number of plugins as we make those fixes it will be great to see those tests pass.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.