Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Lefrancois, Carl" <Ca...@axa-canada.com> on 2008/04/16 20:18:26 UTC

RE : [Axis2]Apache Axis2/C 1.3.1 RC2

Hello,

I did an SVN update today while trying to debug a problem with
axutil_stream_write and my WSDL2C generated stub got an access violation
during the stub create call.

The fault line was the call to free(ptr) in util\src\allocator.c:

void AXIS2_CALL
axutil_allocator_free_impl(
    axutil_allocator_t * allocator,
    void *ptr)
{
    free(ptr);
}

Reverting to version 1.3.0 makes the crash go away.

I'm assuming the latest SVN revision is the same code as 1.3.1 RC2!

HTH
Carl

Posted by Dushshantha Chandradasa <du...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carl,

I tried generating code from the axis2 java latest nightly build for
Calculator.wsdl in the <AXIS2C_SVN_HEAD>\test\resources\wsdl folder.  I got
the service and client working  fine.  I used RC2 Windows Binary. If you can
provide a sample wsdl to regenerate your problem, We can test it and see
whether the problem exists.

regards,
Dushshantha

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
I assume this to be a Guththila related bug with the generated code.

Could you please send in the debugger trace please?

Also, please try the same case with the libxml parser.

BTW, thank you for the feedback and quick testing.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Lefrancois, Carl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did an SVN update today while trying to debug a problem with
> axutil_stream_write and my WSDL2C generated stub got an access violation
> during the stub create call.
>
> The fault line was the call to free(ptr) in util\src\allocator.c:
>
> void AXIS2_CALL
> axutil_allocator_free_impl(
>     axutil_allocator_t * allocator,
>     void *ptr)
> {
>     free(ptr);
> }
>
> Reverting to version 1.3.0 makes the crash go away.
>
> I'm assuming the latest SVN revision is the same code as 1.3.1 RC2!
>
> HTH
> Carl

Samisa Abeysinghe
Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.