Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Basim Baassiri <ba...@baassiri.ca> on 2017/02/21 04:37:17 UTC

Nested Throughput Controller

I'm trying to recreate the following visual representation that I found in
the book  Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications
<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb924375.aspx> using

   - ThroughputShapingTimer
   - DummySampler
   - Throughput Controller
   - Ultimate Thread Group

https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/ThroughputShapingTimer/
https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/DummySampler/
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Throughput_Controller
https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/ConcurrencyThreadGroup/

[image: Inline image 1]
As I understand it, it is defined as

   - All Users go to the *Main Nav Page*
   - *15% *go to the *Analysis* Page
      - of the 15%, *4*% go to the *Analysis Type* Page
      - of the 15%, *11*% go the the *Report type* Page
   - *85% *go the *List Work Items *page
      - of the 85%, *10*% go to the *Submit* Page
      - of the 85%, *75*% go to the *Check Out* Page

I can't seem to model in Jmeter past the 2nd level successfully

I'm attaching the test plan that I'm building which is built upon the plan
provided by ThroughputShapingTimer
<https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/ThroughputShapingTimer/> plugin

My question is, how do i do nested throughput controllers to match the list
above? Every time i nest the controller, the number of requests change and
when i verify the correctness of percentage (number of requests/total
requests) that value gets smaller and smaller