Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Meetesh Karia <me...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/20 00:53:36 UTC

Localizer backwards incompatibility bug in 1.3?

Hi all,

In Wicket 1.2.6, we created some properties files like:

Foo.properties
Foo_style1.properties
Foo_style2.properties

and used StringResourceModel to look up property values.  This worked
correctly as in 1.2.6, Localizer didn't cache the property lookups and
respected the style.  However, in 1.3, Localizer now caches the lookups
but doesn't respect the style when creating the cache key (though it
does append the locale to the end of the cache key).

Is this a bug?  Or is this now the expected behavior?  If it's the
latter, is the approach we used above no longer supported?

The side-effects of this are that whatever style is in use when a
property is first looked up, that property value will be returned for
all subsequent lookups regardless of style.

Thanks,
Meetesh

Re: Localizer backwards incompatibility bug in 1.3?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
please open a bug in jira

-igor