Posted to users@camel.apache.org by piyushbhatt <bh...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/23 09:16:56 UTC

Parallel file processing with Camel

Hi,

We are using Camel and have developed an FTP client using it. We generate
hundreds of files which we need to push in a very short time window to the
FTP server. All these files reside in the same directory. Camel is not able
to keep pace with number of files so we do manual parallel pushing using
filezilla client

Is there a way to configure Camel to start multiple threads on a single
directory and push files in parallel

Piyush

Re: Parallel file processing with Camel

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

No there is no xml example. But its fairly easy to do as well. Java
and XML is very the same.

So for <threads> in XML just do

<from>
 <threads  -- configure threads herre -- >
     ... insert stuff here
  </threads>
</route>

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 6:24 PM, piyushbhatt <bh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> Is it available as part of XML configuration ? If yes can you point me to
> some example
>
> Regards
> Piyush

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Parallel file processing with Camel

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can use threads, see bottom of this page
http://camel.apache.org/async.html

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM, piyushbhatt <bh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Camel and have developed an FTP client using it. We generate
> hundreds of files which we need to push in a very short time window to the
> FTP server. All these files reside in the same directory. Camel is not able
> to keep pace with number of files so we do manual parallel pushing using
> filezilla client
>
> Is there a way to configure Camel to start multiple threads on a single
> directory and push files in parallel
>
> Piyush

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Parallel file processing with Camel

Posted by contactreji <co...@gmail.com>.
I would recommend avoiding filezilla. Could you try with an alternative FTP server.  There is a FTP server which is shipped with Linux os. Give a try with that.

Meanwhile try FTP options like stream data ..
Refer camel documentation for stream options
Reji