Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Laurent Rouvet <la...@roovay.com> on 2004/06/07 17:15:59 UTC

newbie question

Hi,

I don't understand what mean the following error message:

org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException
Page recorder for page Message is locked after a commit(), but received
a change to property msgOut of component Message/$MsgEditor.

That happens at MsgEditor.java:45

public abstract class MsgEditor extends BaseComponent {
	public abstract MsgOut getMsgOut();
	public abstract void setMsgOut(MsgOut msgOut);

	protected void prepareForRender(IRequestCycle cycle) {
		super.prepareForRender(cycle);
line 45:
		if (getMsgOut() == null) setMsgOut(new MsgOut(...));

<property-specification name="msgOut" type="email.model.MsgOut"
persistent="yes"/>

Does "prepareForRender()" is a wrong place to initialize
"property-specification" ?

Thanks,

Laurent

RE: newbie question

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Yes, the Page is the subject i..e, "I want to know when the Page Renders.".

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: newbie question

Posted by Laurent Rouvet <la...@roovay.com>.

Re: newbie question

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.

Re: newbie question

Posted by Laurent Rouvet <la...@roovay.com>.
hum... it's working if I turn off "persistent".
Why?