Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by James G Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu> on 2002/10/25 08:25:37 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] StateMachine::Gestinanna 0.06

This module can be used for some of the same applications as
CGI::Application.  It can also be used outside the web environment.
It does not handle sessions and other application-dependent
data management.

This is a fairly complete object oriented approach to building state
machines.  Both ISA and HASA relationships are supported.  No
profiling has been done yet.  YMMV.

Significant changes:

    Added can(,) method to see if code exists that should be run
          during a transition between two states
    Added overrides key for edge transition definitions so a child
	  state machine can mask certain variables (override the data
	  from the client, for example)
    Added Mail Form example based on the similar example in
	  CGI::Application so there's some basis for comparison
	  (easier to find the right tool for the job)

The uploaded file

    StateMachine-Gestinanna-0.06.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/J/JS/JSMITH/StateMachine-Gestinanna-0.06.tar.gz
  size: 13717 bytes
   md5: efd82d1b7638699fdd53b542c4350643

Allow a few hours for it to propagate to the mirrors.

It is also available at the SourceForge project:
   http://sf.net/projects/gestinanna/
--
James Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu>, 979-862-3725
Senior Software Applications Developer,

Re: [ANNOUNCE] StateMachine::Gestinanna 0.06

Posted by William McKee <wi...@knowmad.com>.
On 25 Oct 2002 at 1:25, James G Smith wrote:
> This module can be used for some of the same applications as
> CGI::Application.  It can also be used outside the web environment.
> It does not handle sessions and other application-dependent
> data management.

Hi James,

I've been following your posts about Gestinanna because I currently use
CGI::Application and really like it. Can you give any reasons why someone
would want to use your module instead? I'm all for having choices but like
to know the rationale behind the different distributions of similar
modules.

Thanks,
William

--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration