Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Brett Morgan <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/09 09:49:33 UTC

[FeedParser] How to pull the FeedParser library from svn?

Hi guys. I am interested in using FeedParser, but I have gotten lost
attempting to download the library. On the download page
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/feedparser/downloads.html)
I am directed to the cvs page
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/feedparser/cvs-usage.html)
at which point i am directed to
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/feedparser/trunk.

Which is broken. Ugh. I have rooted around on svn.apache.org looking
for anything appropriate, but I am not seeing anything.

Help?

brett

Re: [FeedParser] How to pull the FeedParser library from svn?

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 17:49 +1000, Brett Morgan wrote:
> Hi guys. I am interested in using FeedParser, but I have gotten lost
> attempting to download the library. On the download page
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/feedparser/downloads.html)
> I am directed to the cvs page
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/feedparser/cvs-usage.html)
> at which point i am directed to
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/feedparser/trunk.
>
> Which is broken. Ugh. I have rooted around on svn.apache.org looking
> for anything appropriate, but I am not seeing anything.

Yep, that link to the feedparser code is slightly wrong.

You can browse the entire ASF subversion repository using a webbrowser
starting from:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
This is a view of the HEAD version of everything.

Once you find the directory you want, just pass exactly the same URL to
the "svn checkout" command.

The one you want for feedparser is:
 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/
  proper/feedparser/trunk/

Hopefully someone involved with feedparser will fix up the incorrect
webpage info.

And I think there *should* be some info at http://svn.apache.org to
point to the majic url "/repos/asf"; I'll follow that up.

Regards,

Simon