Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Avi Steiner <as...@varonis.com> on 2017/07/09 15:07:08 UTC

ZooKeeper transaction logs

Hello

I'm using Zookeeper 3.4.6

The ZK log data folder keeps growing with transaction logs files (log.*).

I set the following in zoo.cfg:
autopurge.purgeInterval=1
autopurge.snapRetainCount=3
dataDir=..\\data

Per ZK log, it reads those parameters:

2017-07-09 17:44:59,792 [myid:] - INFO  [main:DatadirCleanupManager@78] - autopurge.snapRetainCount set to 3
2017-07-09 17:44:59,792 [myid:] - INFO  [main:DatadirCleanupManager@79] - autopurge.purgeInterval set to 1

It also says that cleanup process is running:

2017-07-09 17:44:59,792 [myid:] - INFO  [PurgeTask:DatadirCleanupManager$PurgeTask@138] - Purge task started.
2017-07-09 17:44:59,823 [myid:] - INFO  [PurgeTask:DatadirCleanupManager$PurgeTask@144] - Purge task completed.

But actually nothing is deleted.
Every service restart, new file is created.

The only parameter I managed to change is preAllocSize, which means the minimum size per file. The default is 64MB. I changed it to 10KB only for watching the effect.

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.