Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/14 05:38:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Log4j Kotlin API 1.2.0-rc1

This is a vote to release Log4j Kotlin API version 1.2.0, the next version of the Kotlin facade for Log4j2.

Please download, test, and cast your votes on the log4j developers list.
[] +1, release the artifacts
[] -1, don't release because...

The vote will remain open for 24 hours (or more if required). All votes are welcome and we encourage everyone to test the release, but only Logging PMC votes are “officially” counted. As always, at least 3 +1 votesand more positive than negative votes are required.

Changes in this release include:

* LOG4J2-3218: Update Log4j dependency to 2.16.0.

This is primarily provided to help upgrade transitive dependencies on log4j-core which was recently updated to fix CVE-2021-44228.

Tag:
a)  for a new copy do "git clone https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-kotlin.git <https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-kotlin.git>” and then "git checkout tags/log4j-api-kotlin-1.2.0-rc1”  or just "git clone -b log4j-api-kotlin-1.2.0-rc1 https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-kotlin.git <https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-kotlin.git>"
b) for an existing working copy to “git pull” and then “git checkout tags/log4j-api-kotlin-1.2.0-rc1”

Web Site: https://logging.staged.apache.org/log4j/kotlin/index.html

Maven Artifacts: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1069/

Distribution archives: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/logging/log4j/kotlin/

You may download all the Maven artifacts by executing:
wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=7 -nH -r -p -np --no-check-certificate https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1069/org/apache/logging/log4j/

 --
Matt Sicker

Re: [VOTE] Release Log4j Kotlin API 1.2.0-rc1

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1

Verified signatures, SHA512 files and that the build succeeded on my MacBook Pro.

Ralph

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I’m going to cancel this release vote to make some dependency updates, ensure the rat check passes, and roll a new release candidate.
--
Matt Sicker

Posted by Raman Gupta <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
The RAT reports on the site look fine, though. The only files without
a license header are ones that wouldn't normally have one.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.