Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Janelleh Tang <ja...@rosewoodhotelgroup.com> on 2022/02/08 02:04:17 UTC

Solr search function not working on website

Hi Solr Team,

This is Janelleh from Rosewood Corporate Digital Team.
We are using Solr search function on our website, we recently we observed that it's no longer working on our live site and stage site. When we type anything on the search bar, no searching recommendation result is shown.
May we seek for your advice on the potential root cause? Not sure if there is any bug on the Solr platform or any other issue. We checked our whitelist domain / DNS setup is proper.
Since we currently do not have a digital agency with developer that can help, your advice is appreciated.

(Just Fyi, to avoid poor user experience, we have currently removed the search bar temporarily on our live site until the issue is fixed)

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Janelleh Tang | Corporate Digital Marketing Manager

Rosewood Hotel Group. 21/F K11 Atelier. 728 King’s Road. Quarry Bay. Hong Kong SAR
telephone +852 2138 7508 mobile +852 6173 1312  facsimile +852 2138 2233
rosewoodhotelgroup.com<https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rosewoodhotelgroup.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cjanelleh.tang%40rosewoodhotelgroup.com%7C83c1b7e5ad24483fb21208d70f3d8bef%7Cab7b159c4c984ec690ad428657fc2d45%7C0%7C0%7C636994629342269510&sdata=dZ8d40UMLHioWX18wV2ua5QWlxWSTHmF7ap5iaAbcpg%3D&reserved=0>

***** IMPORTANT INFORMATION *****
This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system immediately. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.

Re: Solr search function not working on website

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.
In addition to what Jan said, Apache Solr is not a Software as a Service,
it is a technology and specifically a Search Server that you can run
on-premise or use through someone else service.

It's very likely that your website is implemented using a framework that
internally uses Apache Solr (you will have to ask your engineers/support of
that platform), for what went wrong.

Cheers
--------------------------
*Alessandro Benedetti*