Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org> on 2019/12/26 18:20:00 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Drill 1.17.0 Released

On behalf of the Apache Drill community, I am happy to announce the release
of Apache Drill 1.17.0.

Drill is an Apache open-source SQL query engine for Big Data exploration.
Drill is designed from the ground up to support high-performance analysis
on the semi-structured and rapidly evolving data coming from modern Big
Data applications, while still providing the familiarity and ecosystem of
ANSI SQL, the industry-standard query language. Drill provides
plug-and-play integration with existing Apache Hive and Apache HBase
deployments.

For information about Apache Drill, and to get involved, visit the project
website [1].

Total of 200 JIRA's are resolved in this release of Drill with following
new features and improvements [2]:

- Hive complex types support (DRILL-7251,
DRILL-7252, DRILL-7253, DRILL-7254)
- ESRI Shapefile (shp) (DRILL-4303) and Excel (DRILL-7177) format
plugins support
- Drill Metastore support (DRILL-7272, DRILL-7273, DRILL-7357)
- Upgrade to HADOOP-3.2 (DRILL-6540)
- Schema Provision using File / Table Function (DRILL-6835)
- Parquet runtime row group pruning (DRILL-7062)
- User-Agent UDFs (DRILL-7343)
- Canonical Map<K,V> support (DRILL-7096)
- Kafka storage plugin improvements
(DRILL-6739, DRILL-6723, DRILL-7164, DRILL-7290, DRILL-7388)

For the full list please see release notes [3].

The binary and source artifacts are available here [4].

Thanks to everyone in the community who contributed to this release!

1. https://drill.apache.org/
2. https://drill.apache.org/blog/2019/12/26/drill-1.17-released/
3. https://drill.apache.org/docs/apache-drill-1-17-0-release-notes/
4. https://drill.apache.org/download/

Kind regards,
Volodymyr Vysotskyi

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Drill 1.17.0 Released

Posted by Aman Sinha <am...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations on a great release ! Seems quite feature rich.
Also thanks to Volodymyr for shepherding the release even during the
holiday season.

Posted by Aman Sinha <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.