Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Xavier Toth <tx...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/09 16:14:02 UTC

[m2.0.2]maven-clean-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found

I updated to Maven 2.0.2 and now my build fails because it can't find a
version of the clean plugin it likes. I've looked at my repository and I
have 2.0 and 2.1 versions of the plugin. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I
tried putting the following in my top level build
  <build>
    <pluginManagement>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
              <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
              <version>2.1</version>
            </plugin>

child modules all inherit from this parent but it doesn't help.

Ted

Re: [m2.0.2]maven-clean-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi,

I dont think the <pluginManagement> will help you for this.
Try this http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/FAQs-1
and look for the question "How do I resolve the " < plugin name > does
not exist or no valid version " error?"
By the way, the faq page seems a bit messy so dont get confuse. :)

Cheers,
-allan

Posted by Xavier Toth <tx...@gmail.com>.