Posted to dev@twill.apache.org by satyajit flink <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/19 16:41:03 UTC

Intrested in working and contributing for the project.

Hi ,

Intrested in working and contributing for the project.

Please add me to the group.

Regards,
Satyajit.

Re: Intrested in working and contributing for the project.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Maybe not means much but "noob" have more negative connotation or nuance.
I prefer "newbie" or "starter" tags

- Henry

Posted by Andreas Neumann <an...@apache.org>.
+1 for the noob tag

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Terence Yim <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Satyajit,

I’ve marked couple of JIRA with “newbie” and “newbie++” which I think is a good starting point (in particular TWILL-49 and TWILL-83).

We have yet put up a how to contribute page, but in general we use “git format-patch” to create patch and you can either create a review board with the patch or use github fork approach to create a PR for code review. I’ll try to find sometime this week to setup the how to contribute page. If you look at some of the recently resolved JIRA, I believe you can figure the format out.

For coding convention, you can refer to existing code for styling (indentation, brace placement, javadoc, etc). Checkstyle is run every time when you run the maven command, which it should be able to catch many style related issues.

If you got any issue, please feel free to post here and I am sure we are all willing to help.

Thanks for helping
Terence

Posted by satyajit flink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Terence,