Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 2000/01/29 02:27:19 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/os/unix iol_socket.c unixd.c

rbb@hyperreal.org wrote:

> rbb         00/01/28 10:02:32
>
>   Modified:    src/ap   ap_hooks.c ap_sha1.c
>                src/helpers build-modules-c.awk
>                src/main buff.c gen_test_char.c http_config.c
>                         http_connection.c http_core.c http_main.c
>                         http_protocol.c http_request.c http_vhost.c
>                         iol_file.c listen.c rfc1413.c util.c util_md5.c
>                         util_script.c util_uri.c
>                src/modules/mpm/prefork prefork.c
>                src/modules/standard mod_actions.c mod_alias.c mod_asis.c
>                         mod_auth.c mod_dir.c mod_echo.c mod_setenvif.c
>                src/os/unix iol_socket.c unixd.c
>   Log:
>   Include ap_config.h before httpd.h, this ensures that AP_USE_HSREGEX is
>   defined correctly in all C files.

If its a requirement, shouldn't httpd.h include ap_config.h, rather then
requiring module authors to magically know they should do this?

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

Y19100 no-prize winner!
http://www.ntk.net/index.cgi?back=2000/now0121.txt

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/os/unix iol_socket.c unixd.c

Posted by rb...@apache.org.
> >   Include ap_config.h before httpd.h, this ensures that AP_USE_HSREGEX is
> >   defined correctly in all C files.
>
> If its a requirement, shouldn't httpd.h include ap_config.h, rather then
> requiring module authors to magically know they should do this?

As has been stated before, httpd.h can't include ap_config.h.  If httpd.h
includes ap_config.h, then all of the autoconf generated macros become
public, and that causes macro redefinition errors when trying to compile
big modules like PHP.  What we really need is a public header file that
has namespace protected macros, but I don't have time to do that right
now, and this fixes the problem that Bill was having.

I am in SF for the next week, and won't be doing much work, wh I get back,
I hope to have the time to look into the configure process again.

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.