Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Paul Gale <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/07 21:50:00 UTC

STOMP heart beat 'tolerance'

Hi,

Regarding the configuration of heart beating the STOMP protocol spec states:

    "- because of timing inaccuracies, the receiver SHOULD be tolerant and
take into account an error margin"

How 'tolerant' does ActiveMQ determine it will be when calculating its
'error margin' regarding the arrival of late heat beats?

For the sake of argument assume that heart beats (ignoring other values)
are configured as follows:

CONNECT

heart-beat:5000,0

CONNECTED: