Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by vijay Si <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/22 12:25:07 UTC

findListIteratorByCondition ( ) :

Hi,

i have an exception generated when this line of code is encountered :
"delegator .findListIteratorByCondition ( dve , mainCond1 , null , null ,
null , findOpts ) ;"

where : dve is DynamicViewEntity, mainCond1 is the where condition ,
findOpts is SCROLL_INSEN......

it says : "Target exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"

Does this mean that when the where condition was executed it did not find
any entries in the coressponding tables (which were reffered to, in the
where-condition).? That is, it is a database error.

I do not find any other problem with code.

Regards

Re: findListIteratorByCondition ( ) :

Posted by John Gabriel <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Jacques,

It helped a lot!

John Gabriel

Re: findListIteratorByCondition ( ) :

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
All you should know about Eclipse and OFBiz

Mandatory in your case
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Running+and+Debugging+OFBiz+in+Eclipse#RunningandDebuggingOFBizinEclipse-DebuggingInEclipse

Useful
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Eclipse+Tips
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Plugins

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Mylar

Jacques

De : "John Gabriel" <jo...@yahoo.com>

Posted by John Gabriel <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
vijay Si wrote:

> i have an exception generated when this line of code is encountered :
> "delegator .findListIteratorByCondition ( dve , mainCond1 , null , null ,
> null , findOpts ) ;"
> where : dve is DynamicViewEntity, mainCond1 is the where condition ,
> findOpts is SCROLL_INSEN......
>
> it says : "Target exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"

And yet have yet to see that ofBiz tosses that without a reason.

If I were Si Chen, I'd pop a Debug.log before that statement and display all of
the variables in the log file...
If I were someone good with Eclipse, I'd watch the variables...

And you really should cut and paste instead of transcribing...
unless you really have a space between delegator and .fileList, at which point
I'm pretty sure that is not a good thing.

Something's null.