Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Bindi Barnwal <bi...@datametica.com.INVALID> on 2020/01/07 13:29:54 UTC

Support for current_timestamp(p) function till precision 6

Hi Team,

We have a  variable *MAX_DATETIME_PRECISION* in SqlTypeName enum which is
currently set to 3 in the code. We need to support the current_timestamp(p)
function, where 'p' can be 0 to 6.

eg: select current_timestamp(6) from employee;

This functions is present in dialects -
Teradata - Current_timestamp(p),
Oracle - Current_timestamp(p)
Netezza - Now(p) equivalent to Current_timestamp(p)

I would like to know the reason behind the variable *MAX_DATETIME_PRECISION*
set to 3.
Also could we change the variable *MAX_DATETIME_PRECISION* value to 6.
Pease provide your input on this.

*Thanks,*
*Bindi Barnwal*

Re: Support for current_timestamp(p) function till precision 6

Posted by Rui Wang <am...@apache.org>.
This email thread is relevant to your question: [1]

I think (3) precision just mean supporting up to millisecond precision,
which is the precision implemented by Calcite functions. If you don't use
Calcite function implementation (e.g. just use Calcite as a planner), you
can control the precision by yourself.

[1]:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1ead16f383ef1b80149697845c18a048b2196de9cb0815e3950bf14d%40%3Cdev.calcite.apache.org%3E

-Rui