Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anton Andreev <an...@yahoo.ca> on 2005/04/27 21:07:15 UTC

i18n-transformer is not picking up missing keys going up the hierarchy of catalogues

I have a question regarding i18n support in cocoon.
We are adding complete internalization support for our
website (using cocoon v2.1.5), but it seems like i18n
does not work as we expected.  We have
catalogue_fr.xml (keys with french translations) and
catalogue.xml (keys with english translations), but
catalogue_fr.xml does not have all the keys, the rest
of the keys requred (regardless of the language
chosen) for the website are in catalogue.xml (complete
english version).  But what i18n transformer does is
it checks for the keys in catalogue_fr.xml and for the
keys that it does not find in there, it put blanks
instead of going to catalogue.xml and picking up the
rest of the keys.  Is there a way to make what we are
trying to do to work?

I've read userdocs on i18n-transformer for cocoon_2.1
but haven't found anything concrete for what we want.
There is a section "Key generation from master
dictionary" but it seems like it will generate
catalogue for specific language and this will not
solve our problem, since we need keys from both
catalogues (fr and default).  It also says in "to dos"
that "Multiple dictionaries per pipeline support" is
done in v2.1, this is probably what we need, but i
found no information on how to use multiple
dictionaries in one pipeline.  Does anyone know how to
use multiple dictionaries per pipeline?  And possibly
suggest a solution to our problem if the above is not
what we need?

Thank you in advance,

Anton Andreev