Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Martin Ahrer <ma...@gmx.at> on 2008/08/11 14:35:57 UTC

[WebSphere] Running JSF 1.2 RI on WebSphere 6.1

I'm currently trying to migrate a Seam/JSF 1.2 app from JBoss to WebSphere
6.1 (with built-in JSF RI 1.1).
Earlier postings are discussing myfaces problems on WebSphere. So I was
wondering if anybody has some experience with this and can help trouble
shooting.

For troublehooting I have created a simple web app with JSF RI 1.2. But
already during startup I get a nasty exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Application was not properly initialized at
startup, could not find Factory: javax.faces.context.FacesContextFactory.
class loading policy is already set as parent_last. Also (according to other
hints from other forums) )I have tried to add various listeners like
ConfigureListener, WebappLifecycleListener.

-----
http://www.martinahrer.at/blog http://www.martinahrer.at/blog

Re: [WebSphere] Running JSF 1.2 RI on WebSphere 6.1

Posted by Yjusot <yj...@yahoo.fr>.
Hello Martin,

I have seen your email about yor problem deploying Seam app under Websphere
6.1.

Actually I have the same problem,
did you manage to find a solution?

Thanks a lot for your help.