Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by MattyDE <uf...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/29 13:36:03 UTC

What is Atmosphere doing "wrong" so i cant debug the websocket

Hi Folks,

iam using Wicket 6.2.0 with Wicket-Atmosphere 0.4 and everything works
great, but Iam not able to debug the websocket-transfer in Chrome
Debug-Tools like its explained and working here :
http://blog.kaazing.com/2012/05/09/inspecting-websocket-traffic-with-chrome-developer-tools/

Is there something wrong with the initialization of the WebSocket in
Atmosphere so Chrome cant "identify" it as a WebSocket?

Iam also want to know, how i could disable the window.info/.console output
on every WebSocket-"Pull"

Thanks in Advance for any Hints or Help :)

- Matty

Re: What is Atmosphere doing "wrong" so i cant debug the websocket

Posted by MattyDE <uf...@gmail.com>.
Haha okay, ty for the information. I will doublecheck this and update my
tomcat-installation.

Re: What is Atmosphere doing "wrong" so i cant debug the websocket

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
7.0.27 added support for WebSockets

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM, MattyDE <uf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh okay.. iam Using Tomcat 7.0.12 without any special configuration

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development

Re: What is Atmosphere doing "wrong" so i cant debug the websocket

Posted by MattyDE <uf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Atmosphere checks both the client and the server capabilities to decide
which transport to use.
Some web servers do not support WebSocket.

Posted by MattyDE <uf...@gmail.com>.
It works now on 7.0.33. Thanks all :)

Re: What is Atmosphere doing "wrong" so i cant debug the websocket

Posted by Nick Pratt <nb...@gmail.com>.
Its likely your web server capabilities / configuration

Posted by Nick Pratt <nb...@gmail.com>.
Are you sure  web socket connection was established? Maybe your connection
is long-polling.