Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2018/05/02 15:23:31 UTC

cache store usability

Igniters,

This is another usability issue that can be addressed quickly. Apparently,
setWriteBehindEnabled(true) is not enough to enable CacheStore, the
setWriteThrough(true) also needs to be enabled.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50118842/write-behind-and-write-through

Why not make it easier for our users? If there are no objections, I would
like to fie a ticket to enable the CacheStore if
setWriteBehindEnabled(true) was turned on.

D.

Re: cache store usability

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 4:15 PM, Valentin Kulichenko <
valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Vyacheslav,
>
> There is already a warning for this:
> https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/
> core/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/processors/cache/store/
> GridCacheStoreManagerAdapter.java#L225

Val, why not enable write through if either one is set to true?

Re: cache store usability

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Vyacheslav,

Re: cache store usability