Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/03/13 01:17:00 UTC

[mp2] $ENV{MOD_PERL}

Charlie Smith wrote:
> I'm going to rename this subject so as not to get confused with Nathan's.

Heh, and you still post about 5 unrelated questions in one thread ;) so I had
to change the subject again.

>> $ENV{GATEWAY_INTERFACE} is no longer special under mp2:
>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#C__ENV_GATEWAY_INTERFACE__

> Why is mod_perl not showing up as an ENV{} element when I print out the ENV{}
> hash?

It should be there. If it's not, then we need to be able to reproduce it and
you need to help us to do that. Therefore you need to file a proper bug report
as explained here http://perl.apache.org/bugs/. May be after it'll be repeated
10,000 times on this list people will remember to actually do so ;)

Make sure to include a short test script/handler and the corresponding
configuration with which we can reproduce the problem with.

Even better, submit a selfcontained bug report as Geoff suggested:
http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz

Re: [mp2] $ENV{MOD_PERL}

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>It should be there. If it's not, then we need to be able to reproduce it
>>and you need to help us to do that.
>

> I just tested with the skeleton and saw $ENV{MOD_PERL} right away.
>

>>May be after
>>it'll be repeated 10,000 times on this list people will remember to
>>actually do so ;)
>

>>Even better, submit a selfcontained bug report as Geoff suggested:
>>http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz
>

> that makes 3 times for the skeleton in this "thread", so about 9,437 times
> for the bug report and 9,997 times for the skeleton left

You forget that http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ links to
http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz

So it makes 9,996 times for the skeleton left. But
http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz
is repeated twice (and one more time) in this email, and there is one more
link to http://perl.apache.org/bugs/.

So the current count is:

9,989  http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz
9,434  http://perl.apache.org/bugs/

Re: [mp2] $ENV{MOD_PERL}

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
> It should be there. If it's not, then we need to be able to reproduce it
> and you need to help us to do that.

I just tested with the skeleton and saw $ENV{MOD_PERL} right away.

> May be after
> it'll be repeated 10,000 times on this list people will remember to
> actually do so ;)

> Even better, submit a selfcontained bug report as Geoff suggested:
> http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz

that makes 3 times for the skeleton in this "thread", so about 9,437 times
for the bug report and 9,997 times for the skeleton left

;)

--Geoff