Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stand H <hs...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/14 09:38:38 UTC

[users@httpd] CGI script

Hi all,

>From apache documentation:

Syntax: Options [+|-]option [[+|-]option] ...
Context: server config, virtual host, directory,
.htaccess

and

ExecCGI
Execution of CGI scripts is permitted.

<VirtualHost www.myvirtualhost.com>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@myvirtualhost.com
        ServerName www.myvirtualhost.com
        ServerAlias myvirtualhost.com
        DocumentRoot /web/myvirtualhost/htdocs
        ErrorLog logs/error_log
        TransferLog logs/access_log
        Options Includes ExecCgi

I put a cgi script, called it myscript.cgi, on my
virtual web root. With "Options Includes ExecCgi" I
expected myscript.cgi could be executed on my virtual
document root but it couldn't unless I created
<Directory /web/myvirtualhost/htdocs> and put "Options
Includes ExecCgi" in it.
I got an error message
"Options ExecCGI is off in this directory:
/web/myvirtualhost/htdocs/myscript.cgi"

>From the documentation I think I can execute cgi
script on my virtual-host's document-root when I have
Options ExecCgi in <VirtualHost> directive.

I'm not clear, so please anyone explain to me more.

Thanks,

Stand

Re: [users@httpd] CGI script

Posted by Stand H <hs...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

"Options Includes ExecCgi" is in virtual host section
so it should override the options in <Directory />
which is in server config section.
Who know why?

Thanks,

Stand