Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by mcasandra <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/14 21:45:53 UTC

All nodes down even though ring shows up

I ran stress test to read 50K rows and since then I am getting below error
even though ring show all nodes are up:

ERROR 12:40:29,999 Exception:
me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HectorException: All host pools marked
down. Retry burden pushed out to client.
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.HConnectionManager.getClientFromLBPolicy(HConnectionManager.java:308)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.HConnectionManager.operateWithFailover(HConnectionManager.java:213)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.operateWithFailover(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:129)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.batchMutate(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:100)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.batchMutate(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:106)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.MutatorImpl$2.doInKeyspace(MutatorImpl.java:203)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.MutatorImpl$2.doInKeyspace(MutatorImpl.java:200)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.KeyspaceOperationCallback.doInKeyspaceAndMeasure(KeyspaceOperationCallback.java:20)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.ExecutingKeyspace.doExecute(ExecutingKeyspace.java:85)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.MutatorImpl.execute(MutatorImpl.java:200)
        at
com.riptano.cassandra.stress.InsertCommand.call(InsertCommand.java:117)
        at
com.riptano.cassandra.stress.InsertCommand.call(InsertCommand.java:1)
        at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

---

No errors logged in the system.log and tpsats shows nothing.

nodetool -h dsdb1 tpstats
Pool Name                    Active   Pending      Completed
ReadStage                         0         0          50176
RequestResponseStage              0         0         207223
MutationStage                     0         0         199473
ReadRepairStage                   0         0          14615
GossipStage                       0         0          39835
AntiEntropyStage                  0         0              0
MigrationStage                    0         0            207
MemtablePostFlusher               0         0            386
StreamStage                       0         0              0
FlushWriter                       0         0            385
FILEUTILS-DELETE-POOL             0         0           1446
MiscStage                         0         0              0
FlushSorter                       0         0              0
InternalResponseStage             0         0           1230
HintedHandoff                     0         0              7

compaction stats say pending: 0