Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2015/06/07 06:51:29 UTC

Re: Migrating code to Apache git -- multiple repos

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Varnau, Steve (Trafodion) <
steve.varnau@hp.com> wrote:

> https://wiki.trafodion.org/wiki/index.php/Building_the_Software

Thanks Steve. Looking at src, it all has Apache license stamped on it
already. Thats good. We'll just flip copyright from hp to Apache after the
grant is worked out (You might want to try Apache Rat --
http://creadur.apache.org/rat/ -- on it to see what files it turns up as
absent the Apache license).

Is there any work that could be done now ahead of the grant going through?
Will there be a script at top level to build all Steve or will it be a
module by module?  Looking at the merged repo, it looks like it could get
stuff like LICENSE and NOTICE at the top level (
http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html) Can work be done on undoing
the LGPL dependencies meantime?

Thanks,
St.Ack

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 9:51 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
> Thanks Steve. Looking at src, it all has Apache license stamped on it
> already. Thats good. We'll just flip copyright from hp to Apache after the
> grant is worked out (You might want to try Apache Rat --
> http://creadur.apache.org/rat/ -- on it to see what files it turns up as
> absent the Apache license).

As a matter of fact -- integrating RAT into your build would be a great
way to make sure that whoever reviews your first release has an easy
time doing that. That plus it is also a great way to keep inadvertent
commits that may upset RAT out.

Thanks,
Roman.