Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by "Ridwan Tan (ridtan)" <ri...@cisco.com> on 2010/01/29 19:58:59 UTC

HTTPClient 4 - NTLM v2 Support and Axis2

Hello,

We have a java application that's using HttpClient 3, Axis2 to integrate
with Microsoft Exchange Server. We authenticate either using basic or
NTLM v1 to Microsoft Exchange Server. We have received a big push from
customer to support NTLM v2 as well.

I have evaluated various options and one of them is to use HttpClient 4
and JCIFS library as described in
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/ntlm.html. I have tried the
sample code with minor modification and it works fine.

Now, I am trying to apply similar logic as the sample code with my code
that use Axis2, I don't see a way from the Stub generated to override
the NTLMEngine use for the NTLM authentication. I can only access the
ServiceClient from the stub. Does anyone know how to override NTLMEngine
in Axis2 stub? (my apology if the question is more appropriate for Axis2
mailing list).

I also came across a JIRA case that Oleg has filed regarding Axis2
kernel is tied to httpclient 3. Does this mean I can't upgrade the
httpclient library in my project if I am still using axis2. I saw lots
of heated discussion on this area and NTLM v2 support, but I can't seem
to find if we have a closure in that area. Does anyone know if we have a
closure on that issue

I thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Ridwan

RE: HTTPClient 4 - NTLM v2 Support and Axis2

Posted by "Ridwan Tan (ridtan)" <ri...@cisco.com>.
Hello,

My apology for coming back to this issue. I found
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-579

Has anyone tried Konstantin code and got it to work? I run the example
code against my Exchange Server environment and the test code failed.

Regards,

Ridwan

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.