Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dan Karney <ka...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/13 20:17:35 UTC

amavisd-new and SA 3.0

I have the RH EL3 factory installed version of SA on my system (2.55)
and use procmail to pass the mail from postfix to SA.  I want to add
virus scanning, so my plan is to switch to using amavisd-new + ClamAV
+ SA.

Will there be any problems upgrading to SA 3.0 with this setup?
Is there a better way to scan for viri?

-Dan

Re: amavisd-new and SA 3.0

Posted by Ralf Hildebrandt <Ra...@charite.de>.
* Dan Karney <ka...@gmail.com>:

> I have the RH EL3 factory installed version of SA on my system (2.55)
> and use procmail to pass the mail from postfix to SA.  I want to add
> virus scanning, so my plan is to switch to using amavisd-new + ClamAV
> + SA.

amavisd-new must be new enough to be able to use SA 3.x

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (i.A. des IT-Zentrum)          Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Charite - Universitätsmedizin Berlin            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155