Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rajalakshmi Iyer <ra...@blismedia.com> on 2014/11/17 13:14:57 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite use case

Hello,

I have an Apache module based application server (A) that handles requests.
Some of these requests based on a cache hit / miss need to go to another
server (B) to be handled.

Would this make a use case for mod_rewrite / mod_proxy where we forward the
requests to another server (B) based on a cache lookup in a module inside
the first server (A)?

Note that the response from the second server (B) needs to be sent back to
the client that sent the request to the first server (A).

Thanks
Raj

--

@BlisMedia <http://twitter.com/BlisMedia>

www.blismedia.com <http://blismedia.com>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely
for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions
expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of BlisMedia Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with
registered number 06455773. Its registered office is 3rd Floor, 101 New
Cavendish St, London, W1W 6XH, United Kingdom.

any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please
contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.