Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Roy Lenferink <rl...@apache.org> on 2020/02/22 15:21:11 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Move mina.a.o from CMS/svn to Hugo/git

Hi,

The vote has passed with the following results:

+1 Guillaume Nodet (binding)
+1 Emmanuel Lécharny (binding)
+1 Jeff Maury (binding)
+1 Roy Lenferink (non-binding)

No -1 votes have been cast.

To continue I'll need some help from a PMC member to request the mina-site repository here [1]

Once requested I'll open the pull request against it. I need someone with commit privileges to help
initially because of branch creation, moving around some content, initial site generation, cleanup of
SVN etc. which requires having commit rights to the repository (I'm more than willing to help out with
this so let me know when someone is available).

After having the site in place, I'll create a Jenkins job, test whether it works and open a pull request
against the infrastructure-puppet repository to make the actual switch from svn to git.

Best,
Roy

[1] https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/newrepo.html

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Move mina.a.o from CMS/svn to Hugo/git

Posted by Roy Lenferink <rl...@apache.org>.
Thanks Guillaume! The Jenkins job for building the site has been created [1], and a PR for moving
over is created as well [2]

Last chance to say goodbye to the CMS :P

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/mina-site/
[2] https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet/pull/1730

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
I've pushed the 4 branches.
Thx !

Le lun. 24 févr. 2020 à 16:41, Roy Lenferink <rl...@apache.org> a
écrit :

> Thanks Emmanuel! Requesting repositories is selfservice, so indeed they
> will be available pretty
> quick :)
>
> I have everything available in my copy of the mina-site repository here
> [1]
>
> The repository contains the 4 needed branches:
> - asf-site => contains the generated content which will be served on
> mina.a.o
> - master => contains the source to generate the site
> - sshd-apidocs => as the name suggests, apidocs for sshd which will be
> served on mina.a.o
> - mina-gen-docs => as the name suggests, the generated mina documentation
> which will be served
> on mina.a.o
>
> I was not able to create a pull request since a pull request needs to be
> targeted against an already
> existing base branch.
>
> The simplest way (for MINA committers) to move forward is to just create
> an initial empty commit on
> the 4 different branches against which I can create the pull request _OR_
> a committer can clone
> rlenferink/mina-site [1], change its remote to the apache one [2] and push
> the 4 branches to the
> remote (keeping in mind this takes some time for the mina-gen-docs branch
> as it contains the
> documentation of all previous releases).
>
> Let me know if any help from my side is needed ;)
>
> [1] https://github.com/rlenferink/mina-site
> [2] git@github.com:apache/mina-site.git
>
> On 2020/02/24 08:41:37, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > woot, it's fast ! (I remember a time where it took around one week to
> > have such a repo created ...)
> >
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/mina-site.git

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Move mina.a.o from CMS/svn to Hugo/git

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Hey Emanuell,

I missed the vote… but I am +1 too…

Jeff

Posted by Roy Lenferink <rl...@apache.org>.
Hi Emmanuel,

Things are definitely moving smoothly; I can say the migration already has been completed and
mina.a.o is served from git now.

One thing that may be good to do is add a MOVED_TO_GIT here [1]. MINA has already been
disabled from the CMS. Also, the Jenkins job [2] seems to do its job properly [3].

One further improvement to consider may be using docs.mina.a.o as virtual url for static
documentation and store all static docs in a single branch (as apposed to the mina-gen-docs and
sshd-apidocs branches right now). But IMO that is something to consider in the future when needed.

Another thing that needs to be updated is the website publishing workflow [4] which currently still
suggests the usage of svn (steps 12 & 14). I can have a look at this as well the next couple of days.
Of course if someone beats me to it, no problem at all; in that case feel free to assign me as reviewer
;)

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/site/trunk/
[2] https://builds.apache.org/job/mina-site/
[3] https://github.com/apache/mina-site/commits/asf-site