Posted to users@maven.apache.org by geirgp <ge...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/23 00:38:49 UTC

maven-eclipse-plugin and hierachical project layout

I have 2 projects tied together by a main project which has packaging "pom"
and both the other projects as modules. directory layout is as folows:

- workspace
 |- my-project-main
   |- pom.xml (packaging=pom,modules=common,framework)
   |- my-project-common
     |- pom.xm
   |- my-project-framework
     |- pom.xml

In other words I have checked this out as ONE project in eclipse.

I run the following:
c:\workspace\my-project> mvn eclipse:eclipse

..and .project and .classpath files are generated for each of the
(maven)projects individually The main project's classpath does not include
classpath settings for either of its sub projects (common or framework).

How can I merge the .classpath files from the sub projects? Or can I somehow
tell maven-eclipse-plugin to put all the variables into the top-level
project's .classpath? I need this hierachical file structure for the Release
plugin to work.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin and hierachical project layout

Posted by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org>.
geirgp wrote:

> I have 2 projects tied together by a main project which has packaging
> "pom" and both the other projects as modules. directory layout is as

> ..and .project and .classpath files are generated for each of the
> (maven)projects individually The main project's classpath does not include
> classpath settings for either of its sub projects (common or framework).

I checked out the sources seperately from eclipse. Then I ran
eclipse:eclipse and imported the modules (NOT copied) into the workspace.

So finally I had one project per sub-module with correct references between
each other. Maybe you try to do it the same way?

Jan