Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by mrich <Ma...@qxlva.com> on 2013/10/02 12:16:31 UTC

Qpid AMQP 1.0 Integration with ActiveMQ

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Qpid to ActiveMQ using AMQP 1.0 protocol. (e.g.
create a Java client that is capable of reading and writing to an AMQP queue
hosted by ActiveMQ (5.8), which uses version 1.0 of the protocol).

I have created a project using the libraries on your website and your
examples (e.g. 'Drain.java'), but when I run it I receive the following
errors:
Java Client/Project:  org.apache.qpid.AMQConnectionFailureException:
connect() aborted [error code 200: reply success]
ActiveMQ broker window: Caused by:
org.apache.qpid.proton.engine.TransportException: AMQP header mismatch value
1, expecting 0

I am using the following dependencies, as advised:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
            <artifactId>qpid-client</artifactId>
            <version>0.24</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
            <artifactId>qpid-amqp-1-0-client-jms</artifactId>
            <version>0.24</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <artifactId>geronimo-jms_1.1_spec</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
        </dependency>

Looking through the code of the attached libraries, using AMQConnection as
in the 'Drain' example, this doesnt appear to support AMQP 1.0 (looking at
delegate).

Could you please clarify if I am missing something, and any advice on how to
get a Java client communicating with ActiveMQ on AMQP 1.0 is appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Qpid AMQP 1.0 Integration with ActiveMQ

Posted by mrich <Ma...@qxlva.com>.
Thanks for the quick response.

I didn't realise I was using a mixture of dependencies for both the old and
new AMQP versions.

I have followed your advice and have has some success at creating a Java
Client using the  example
<http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/programming/book/QpidJMS.html>
documentation as a basis and updating my dependencies as advised to include
only 'qpid-amqp-1-0-client-jms' and 'geronimo-jms_1.1_spec' (for javax.jms)
- for info in-case anyone else has a similar issue.

Re: Qpid AMQP 1.0 Integration with ActiveMQ

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
The qpid-client artefact is for implementations that speak AMQP
0-8,0-9,0-9-1 or 0-10.  To speak AMQP 1.0 (as ActiveMQ does) you should
only depend on the qpid-amqp-1-0-
client-jms artefact.

If you have included references to implementation classes in the
qpid-client  libraries you'll need to update your example to use the
equivalent implementations of JMS in qpid-amqp-1-0-client-jms.

-- Rob