Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alberto Corona <ac...@objectwave.com> on 2003/04/11 18:06:57 UTC

Tiles definition parsing problem...

I'm currently using Tomcat 4.1.24 and Struts 1.1Rc

I'm trying to use Tiles definitions but when I start tomcat I get the
following parsing exception:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error while parsing file
'/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml'. Expected "</defintion>" to terminate element
starting on line 5.
 at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin.init(TilesPlugin.java:182)
 at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServlet.j
ava:1096)
 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:470)
 at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
----- Root Cause -----
org.apache.struts.tiles.DefinitionsFactoryException: Error while parsing
file '/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml'. Expected "</defintion>" to terminate
element starting on line 5.
 at
org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.parseXmlFile(I18nFa
ctorySet.java:536)
 at
org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.parseXmlFiles(I18nF
actorySet.java:464)
 at
org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.createDefaultFactor
y(I18nFactorySet.java:294)
 at
org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.initFactory(I18nFac
torySet.java:267)

Here is the content of my definitions file:
<!DOCTYPE tiles-definitions PUBLIC
       "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Tiles Configuration//EN"
       "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/tiles-config_1_1.dtd">
<tiles-definitions>
 <defintion name="wizardLayout" path="/common/wizardLayout.jsp">
  <put name="wizardTitle" value=""/>
  <put name="wizardAction" value=""/>
  <put name="wizardHeader" value=""/>
  <put name="wizardProgress" value="/common/wizardProgress.jsp"/>
  <put name="wizardBody" value=""/>
  <put name="wizardControls" value="/common/wizardControls.jsp"/>
 </definition>
</tiles-definitions>

Am I missing something in my configuration?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Alberto Corona