Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Savoy, Melinda" <Me...@texashealth.org> on 2011/03/24 17:20:26 UTC

Question on Clearcase task - ccupdate

I have an ANT script that is being used to update the CLEARCASE view that was created by a former employee. The ANT script that I am using has been working for years. Yesterday I executed the BUILD.XML ANT script and I got a PERMISSION DENIED error.  I am very new to ANT and cannot find where the problem is.

The only thing that has changed on this Windows 2003 server is that windows patches were applied. My question is, what do I need look at in order to correct this error or find out why permissions are now an issue.

Here is the CCUPDATE task (#4) within my ANT script which is failing:

<!-- 2. Clean build directories and remove .contrib and .keep files                     -->
        <target name="clean" description="Clean build directory structure">
                <record name="build.${TODAY}.log" action="start"/>
                <delete dir="build"/>
                <delete>
                        <fileset dir=".." includes="**/*.contrib* **/*.keep*"/>
                </delete>
        </target>

        <!-- 3. Recreate build directories                              -->
        <target name="prepare" depends="clean" description="Prepare build directory structure">
                <mkdir dir="build"/>
                <mkdir dir="build/dist"/>
                <mkdir dir="build/docs"/>
                <mkdir dir="build/lib"/>
                <mkdir dir="build/scripts"/>
                <mkdir dir="build/reports"/>
                <mkdir dir="${war.classes}"/>
        </target>

        <!-- 4. Update the ClearCase view                               -->
        <target name="update" depends="prepare" description="Update the ClearCase view">
                <ccupdate viewpath="${basedir}/.." graphical="true"/>
        </target>

If anyone has seen this issue, your help/direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Melinda Savoy
Sr. Programmer Analyst, ERP Systems
Innovative Technology Solutions
Texas Health Resources
600 E. Lamar Blvd, Ste 301, Arlington TX  76011
MelindaSavoy@texashealth.org<ma...@texashealth.org>

Texas Health Resources: Arlington Memorial,
Harris Methodist and Presbyterian Hospitals
A shared mission and now a shared name.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from your system.

RE: Question on Clearcase task - ccupdate

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
request the sysadmin to grant read, write and execute access to folder
if folder is called 'data' you would
bash>chmod g+rwx data
http://www.psc.edu/general/unix/chmod.php

Martin

Posted by Gilbert Rebhan <gi...@maksimo.de>.
Posted by "Savoy, Melinda" <Me...@texashealth.org>.
Thanks Gilbert.  The additional info is very helpful.  I've got an IBM rep on the phone and hopefully he'll be able to help.

> Thanks Dominique.  I have posted on the CC forum however, I'm assuming not
> too many will respond as there were not many posts regarding ccupdate.
> Hopefully debugging will give me some answers.  Thanks again for replying.

From my experience with ant and clearcase, "Permission denied" is one of

Posted by Gilbert Rebhan <gi...@maksimo.de>.

Posted by "Savoy, Melinda" <Me...@texashealth.org>.
Thanks Dominique.  I have posted on the CC forum however, I'm assuming not too many will respond as there were not many posts regarding ccupdate.  Hopefully debugging will give me some answers.  Thanks again for replying.

Regards.

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.