Posted to user@pig.apache.org by sumit ghosh <su...@yahoo.com> on 2011/04/20 06:48:47 UTC

Splitting a String

Hi,

I am trying to split a string using piggybank - split function:

DEFINE StrSplit org.apache.pig.piggybank.evaluation.string.Split();
A = Load 'Sample' using Pigstorage(' ');
B = ForEach A generate $4 as URL, StrSplit($10, 'N' ) as Browser;
DUMP B;

I do not get any tuple as the output for the Browser field. What is that I am
doing wrong?

Thanks,
Sumit.

Re: Splitting a String