Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Gordon <ad...@readytalk.com> on 2006/08/11 17:45:38 UTC

Getting maxFileSize from Controller in a JSP

Is there a way to reference the controller for a module from within a
JSP?  Specifically, I'd like to ask the controller what the max file
size is set to.  There's a method on the ControllerConfig class to get
the max file size and the Javadocs say it's a JavaBean so I suspect it
might available from within a JSP, I just don't know the name
(controller?) of the bean to reference in the JSP.

Anyone know?

thanks,

-- adam

Re: Getting maxFileSize from Controller in a JSP

Posted by David Durham <dd...@vailsys.com>.
Adam Gordon wrote:
> Is there a way to reference the controller for a module from within a
> JSP?  Specifically, I'd like to ask the controller what the max file
> size is set to.  There's a method on the ControllerConfig class to get
> the max file size and the Javadocs say it's a JavaBean so I suspect it
> might available from within a JSP, I just don't know the name
> (controller?) of the bean to reference in the JSP.

There's a module config that's stored as a request attribute.  THe key
is in the Globals class, I think it's MODULE_KEY.  It has a reference to
a controller config.  Little utility method to find what's in request
attributes:

     public static void debugRequestAttributes(HttpServletRequest request) {
         Enumeration<String> attributeNames = request.getAttributeNames();
         while (attributeNames.hasMoreElements()) {
             String a = attributeNames.nextElement();
             log.debug(a + ": " + request.getAttribute(a));
         }
     }

-Dave