Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeff Dege <je...@korterra.com> on 2013/10/29 21:48:47 UTC

E120104: ra_serf: An error occurred during decompression

I'm setting up a repository on a new server, and I'm having problems.

The new server is Subversion Edge 4.0.2, running Subversion 1.8.3.

My client is TortoiseSVN 1.8.2. Other users in the office are running TortoiseSVN 1.7.3, and they are seeing the same problem.

Everything seems fine, except that when I do a "Show Log" from the context menu in a project, I get an error:

                ra_serf: An error occurred during decompression

(TortoiseSVN shows me a do you want to work offline dialog. If I cancel through, I see the above error. If I click "work offline", I see the log just fine.)

I've also installed Collabnet's command-line subversion 1.8.3 client, and its "svn log" shows exactly the same error. It displays the logs, and then at the end shows:

                svn: E120104: ra_serf: An error occurred during decompression

So, this doesn't look like it's a problem in TortoiseSVN, since it's showing in both clients.

Any idea what is going on?

Re: E120104: ra_serf: An error occurred during decompression

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
I'll post a patch to Stefan, but we should add test for this zlib
issue to Subversion test suite imho.

--
Ivan Zhakov
CTO | VisualSVN | http://www.visualsvn.com

RE: E120104: ra_serf: An error occurred during decompression

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/201310.mbox/%3C00d301ced163%2451c733e0%24f5559ba0%24%40qqmail.nl%3E

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Jeff Dege <je...@korterra.com> wrote:
> I'm setting up a repository on a new server, and I'm having problems.
>

> The new server is Subversion Edge 4.0.2, running Subversion 1.8.3.
>

> My client is TortoiseSVN 1.8.2. Other users in the office are running
> TortoiseSVN 1.7.3, and they are seeing the same problem.

Do they see the same error message? That would be weird, because
TortoiseSVN 1.7 should use the neon http-library by default, not serf
(unless they have configured http-library=serf in their servers
configuration file).

> Everything seems fine, except that when I do a "Show Log" from the context
> menu in a project, I get an error:
>

>                 ra_serf: An error occurred during decompression
>

> (TortoiseSVN shows me a do you want to work offline dialog. If I cancel
> through, I see the above error. If I click "work offline", I see the log
> just fine.)
>

> I've also installed Collabnet's command-line subversion 1.8.3 client, and
> its "svn log" shows exactly the same error. It displays the logs, and then
> at the end shows:
>

>                 svn: E120104: ra_serf: An error occurred during
> decompression
>

> So, this doesn't look like it's a problem in TortoiseSVN, since it’s showing
> in both clients.
>

> Any idea what is going on?

Is there any error in the logs on the server side?

Also: Subversion 1.8.4 has just been released today. I just saw it's
included in TortoiseSVN 1.8.3. Can you test again with that client?

--
Johan