Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by daulat khan <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/04 03:12:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod_JK connector configuration Error

Hi,

i am hitting the following error while configuring mod_jk connector in
solaris 10 machine. i am using sun studio tools for compiling.
tomcat connector latest verson 1.2.28
apache latest  verson 2.2.14
and tomcat latest version 6.0.20

configure: error: You must specify a valid --with-apxs path

i am using the following statement while configuring

./configure --with-apxs=/opt/dasyedib/apache/bin/apxs CFLAGS=-liconv

and this tried the below statement too

./configure --with-apxs2=/opt/dasyedib/apache/bin/apxs CFLAGS=-liconv

Please help.

Thanks,
Daulatkhan

Re: Mod_JK connector configuration Error

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
apxs gets configuration information for apr and apr-utils, and httpd among other things. It does this by using pkg-config to find the libdir for apr, then prefixing that to httpd/build.

For example, pkg-config --variable=libdir apr-1 on my system returns

/usr/lib

Then apxs looks in /usr/lib/httpd/build for a file called config_vars.mk. One of the first variables it pulls up and tests is PREFIX (prefix in config_vars.mk),

If this doesn't work, then you'll get the message that you received.

What does /opt/dasyedib/apache/bin/apxs -q PREFIX return?

Is there a file config_vars.mk in PREFIX/httpd/build (where PREFIX is the value returned in the previous command)?

What are the values for the APR_ and APU_ variables at the bottom of the config_vars.mk file?

It sounds like your Apache utilities don't agree with your Apache httpd build / installation / configuration.

Just my two cents,

/mde/