Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dmitriy Vsekhvalnov <dv...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/18 20:40:55 UTC

LinkSubmit on T5.1.0.8

Is it broken?  After upgrade from 5.1.0.5 found that all LinkSubmit stop
working.

Debugging shows JS exception:

'TypeError: Property 'select' of object #<HTMLFormElement> is not a
function'

inside tapestry.js createHidden() function.

Re: LinkSubmit on T5.1.0.8

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It's called the Law of Unintended Consequences ... things that make
perfect sense once discovered, but are difficult to predict!

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Dmitriy Vsekhvalnov
<dv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yeah, interesting it did a trick. but only when i assigned t:id for all
> <select> components on the page.
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure why the upgrade causes this problem, but the error you
>> are seeing is associated with having a Select component and not
>> assigning a specific component id to it. The default component id is
>> then "select", which is then the default client side id, which is in
>> conflict with the the select() function Prototype adds to DOM
>> elements.  Later versions of Tapestry do a better job of "reserving"
>> key ids to prevent such client-side collisions.
>>
>> Ah, the client-side initialization error is keeping some of the
>> LinkSubmit <span> elements from being converted to <a> elements. This
>> is the likely change; Tapestry was changed to render LinkSubmit
>> components as a <span> and used initialization to rewrite the element
>> into an <a> tag (this helps prevent problems where a user clicks the
>> link before the page has fully initialized).
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Dmitriy Vsekhvalnov
>> <dv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Is it broken?  After upgrade from 5.1.0.5 found that all LinkSubmit stop
>> > working.
>> >
>> > Debugging shows JS exception:
>> >
>> > 'TypeError: Property 'select' of object #<HTMLFormElement> is not a
>> > function'
>> >
>> > inside tapestry.js createHidden() function.
>> >

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry

>> (971) 678-5210