Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jeremy C <je...@cowgar.com> on 2001/04/21 08:31:02 UTC

RE: Refresh Application ... Install new tables w/o overwriting old.

I added:

<Context path="/k" docBase="knopro4" reloadable="true"/>

to my /opt/tdk/conf/server.xml file. I can now access my site as either
http://localhost:8080/knopro4 or http://localhost:8080/k
but I still make a change to one of my java files, issue a build-project.sh
compile, and nothing changes.

Any ideas?

Jeremy - jeremy@cowgar.com

Posted by Jeremy C <je...@cowgar.com>.
I tried this on my development server (a Linux box) as well as another
computer running Windows ME. Both of them did not function.

My test is simple, I have a page called Test.vm (how original). I also have
a Test.java ...

My Test.vm file is this:

$hello

My Test.java file says

context.add("hello", "Hello, Jeremy");

I issue a build-project compile, start the server, and I get a page that
says "Hello, Jeremy" ... now I leave the server running, change my
Test.java file to:

context.add("hello", "Hello, Turbine Users!")

I then issue a build-project compile, and reload my page and I still get:

Hello, Jeremy

not Hello, Turbine Users... I check the .class file, and indeed it is being
updated, infact if I just shut the server down, and re-start it, my page
will now say

Hello, Turbine Users!

... Now, I added the Context entry, and I know it is reading that entry,
and it's in the right place because I can now access my page via what I put
in the path="" ... (in this case, many diffrent things just to ensure it
works, the latest is "/testme" ... and sure enough, I can access
/opt/tdk/webapps/knopro4 as localhost:8080/testme

Thanks for all your help!

Jeremy - jeremy@cowgar.com