Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Nicko Cadell <ni...@neoworks.com> on 2004/04/21 21:41:47 UTC

RE: log4 net post: RE: configure different logfiles for different namespaces

Marco,

> Now i want to disable logging to the <root>
> when an alternative logger is found.
> Is that possible?

If you mean that you have some appenders defined in the <root> and some in a
<logger> and you don't want the <root> appenders to be used as well as the
<logger> appenders then you need to set the Appender Additivity of the
logger. See the following link for a definition of Additivity:
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/manual/introduction.html#HC-718930
8

To disable additivity on a <logger> set the additivity="false" attribute on
it. For details see:
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/manual/configuration.html#HC-13756
354

Cheers,