Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by FJ <fi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/25 02:24:54 UTC

Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

I can't seem to get Screen Share to work. It pops up asking to run and when
I clean it does it things downloading, verifying and nothing after that.

Below is the "ERROR" shown in the "screensharing" file that it saved on the
desktop.  Is the a particular java version the client side that works best
with OM3.0.4?

Any advice would be great.

Thank you all in advance.

ERROR 03-24 18:17:04.160 176 o.a.o.s.w.CoreScreenShare
[javawsApplicationMain] -
org.apache.commons.codec.DecoderException: Odd number of characters.
    at org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Hex.decodeHex(Hex.java:82)
~[commons-codec-1.9.jar:na]
    at
org.apache.openmeetings.screen.webstart.CoreScreenShare.<init>(CoreScreenShare.java:155)
[openmeetings-screenshare-3.0.4-RELEASE.jar:na]
    at
org.apache.openmeetings.screen.webstart.CoreScreenShare.main(CoreScreenShare.java:181)
[openmeetings-screenshare-3.0.4-RELEASE.jar:na]
~[na:1.8.0_40]
~[na:1.8.0_40]
~[na:1.8.0_40]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_40]
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source) [na:na]
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source) [na:na]
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source) [na:na]
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source) [na:na]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_40]

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by FJ <fi...@gmail.com>.
Maxim, when I change the pw from the command: keytool -keypasswd  -alias
red5 -keystore keystore.jks and i put new password in the red5.properties,
I can no longer connect.

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'll try to reproduce this
please ping me if I will be too silent :)

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 9:50 PM, FJ <fi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maxim, yes.  I see 2 trusted cert key and 1 private key.
>
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 2:07 AM, Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> can you list the keys using new password?
>> keytool -keystore keystore.jks --list
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 12:24 AM, FJ <fi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Maxim, when I change the pw from the command: keytool -keypasswd  -alias
>>> red5 -keystore keystore.jks and i put new password in the red5.properties,
>>> I can no longer connect
>>>
>>> # RTMPS Key and Trust store parameters
>>> rtmps.keystorepass=123456
>>> rtmps.keystorefile=conf/keystore.jks
>>> rtmps.truststorepass=123456

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by FJ <fi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by FJ <fi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
nope, it also hardcoded

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by FJ <fi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by FJ <fi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by FJ <fi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
My bad,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by FJ <fi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by FJ <fi...@gmail.com>.
Maxim.

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by FJ <fi...@gmail.com>.
Enabling Screen Share in HTTPS/RTMPS enviroment

*** cd to your keystore directory for example, mine is in /opt/red5304/conf
***
cd /opt/red5304/conf

*** copy or make copy of your keystore to keystore.screen ***
cp keystore.jks keystore.screen (default from installation is w/o ext jks)

*** per Maxim, the keystore password for screen share is sent unecrypted ***
*** they recommend changing it from the original password for your keystore
file ***
keytool -keypasswd  -alias red5 -keystore keystore.screen

Follow the password change process and youre done.

Re: Screen Sharing OM 3.0.4

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
great to hear :)

--