Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Coty Sutherland <cs...@redhat.com> on 2016/12/21 19:33:53 UTC

JASPIC Specification info missing from a few places

Hi all,

I've been looking at the specifications listings on the
whichversions.html page and noticed JASPIC was missing, but is
implemented in 8.5+. I've added it on the site, but then I noticed
that it's also missing from the specifications page here:
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/Specifications. I don't think I have
access to the wiki, can someone fix that? I was going to file a bug,
and then noticed that JASPIC is also missing from the descriptions on
the page here: https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi

Thanks,
Coty

Re: JASPIC Specification info missing from a few places

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 21/12/2016 21:51, Coty Sutherland wrote:
>> Is there a space there? I'm assuming not since none of the others have
>> one. If it does, we'll need to figure out how to handle that.
>
> That was my fault; I fixed it and am able to edit.
>
>> You should be able to add components now.
>
> I just updated the description. Should I also add a component for
> JASPIC, or just leave it lumped together in the 'Specification APIs'
> component? There isn't a component for JSP and Servlet, but there are
> ones for WebSocket and EL, so I'm not sure what the convention is.

I'm not sure there is a convention. It is more what feels right at the
time. If we had a convention I'd say map Bugzilla components to the
section headings we use in the changelog but even with that I suspect
there are significant differences.

I have no strong view on whether we need a JASPIC component or not. If
you would find it useful, feel free to add it. If not, we can use the
existing components.

Mark

Posted by Coty Sutherland <cs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.